Council will be engaging with the community on a regular basis until the new parkland is opened to the public.
Our initial engagement campaign, ‘Plan Your Parkland’ called for your high-level ideas on the activities, uses and attractions you’d like to see once the quarry site has been transformed. The active 6 week engagement period has now closed. The activities undertaken included:
- ‘Plan Your Parkland’ website and social media – Complete
This website will be the primary source of information and point of contact for the local community. The wider community is invited to contribute their ideas by completing the online survey, making a written submission or uploading a design idea or images.
- Community Deliberative Forum – Ongoing
To anchor the engagement process in the opinions of the community, a group of Hornsby Shire residents have been randomly selected to assist Council in the engagement process and ensure the future of Hornsby Park is designed, owned, used, and loved by residents. They will assist Council to consider the initial outcomes from ‘Plan Your Parkland’, choose which ideas to take forward and review the final outcomes of the engagement.
- Stakeholder Meetings – Round 1 Complete. Future sessions to be advised
Council will provide key stakeholders the opportunity to provide their ideas and visions for the future parkland.
- ‘Plan Your Parkland’ Community Information and Feedback Sessions – Complete. Future sessions to be advised
A showcase of the design ideas collected through the ‘Plan your Parkland’ engagement activities will be presented to the community on these days.
Community Information and Feedback Sessions Gallery
- Plan Your Parkland Outcomes Report – June 2017 – Complete
Feedback received throughout the ‘Plan Your Parkland’ was analysed and a report has been prepared outlining the key ideas and sentiments that were heard during the pre-design engagement process. Future stages of design development and engagement phases will be reported to the community.
Download the ‘Plan Your Parkland ‘Outcomes Report
To disseminate information about this project, we have used a number of engagement methods including:
- A dedicated website
- Posters and flyers displayed in Council facilities
- Ads and editorial coverage in the local papers
- Social media updates
- Emails to Council’s community mailing list
- Letters to neighbours, stakeholders and previous participants in the site’s Plan of Management
To stay up to date on the next phase of engagement, please keep checking this website or subscribe to Council’s e-newsletter.